Flat Preloader Icon

Springbok Company

Mulderbosch Chenin Blanc ‘Steen op Hout

5/5
2019

$16.00

Bottle size: 750ml (Standard)

Free Delivery available on orders over $25.00

24 in stock

24 in stock

Spread the love

The wine is bright in appearance, with aromas of citrus rind and ripe apricots, and lovely subtle oak spice. The palate has lively acidity, balanced by a firm, pithy texture central to Chenin Blanc’s character. There are unmistakable citrus notes, offset by creamy lees making this a deliciously moreish wine.

Cultivar: Chenin Blanc

Alcohol 13% Vol

Total acid 6.6 g/l

pH 3.38

Residual sugar 2.1 g/l

As has become one of the signatures of Mulderbosch winemaking, we began the 2019 harvest as early as possible in order to harness the natural acidity that is so central to the character and freshness of Chenin Blanc. Possibly due to the accumulated stress of the recent drought conditions, the ripening curve this year was very even-paced. As a result, we found good ripe flavours in the grapes at high natural levels of acidity, and this translated to the bottled wine.

25% of the 2019 vintage fermented in a combination of 300L French Oak barrels and 1500L Foudres, the remaining 75% in stainless steel tanks.

Food Pairing

This wine will be well suited to creamy dishes as well as light summer lunches.

Poultry

Seafood

Pork

White Fish
Spread the love

The wine is bright in appearance, with aromas of citrus rind and ripe apricots, and lovely subtle oak spice. The palate has lively acidity, balanced by a firm, pithy texture central to Chenin Blanc’s character. There are unmistakable citrus notes, offset by creamy lees making this a deliciously moreish wine.

Size

750ml

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Mulderbosch Chenin Blanc ‘Steen op Hout”

Related stories

Signup

Get 15% off all non-sale items!
One time use for new subscribers only.

Sorry!

You are not old enough to view the site …

CONFIRM YOU ARE OF LEGAL DRINKING AGE BEFORE ENTERING THE SITE.

You must be 18 years old to enter.